Raise your hand if you’ve suffered from FOMO from all the amazing vacation pictures your friends post on social media. We’re not judging; instead, we’re here to help turn the tables. If you are looking for a great vacation destination for the most Insta-worthy, make-my-friends-jealous, beautiful places to photograph, then look no further than the Florida Keys. Here’s our list of the Top 10 best selfie spots:
1. Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary: Grab your GoPro and dive in! You may even be photobombed by a colorful fish or dolphin!
2. Old Seven Mile Bridge: The contrast of the old, rusty bridge against the bright aqua waters makes for gorgeous shots, especially at sunset! Try renting jet-skis and troll about to get the best shots.
3. Alligator Reef: No worries, there aren’t real alligators all the way out here. The water is so clear and so blue, you may be so mesmerized you forget to take pictures!
4. Bahia Honda State Park: Voted the best beach in The Keys, and one of the top beaches in the US, a visit to Bahia Honda should be on everyone’s list! Beauty abounds both on land and sea.
5. Boca Chica Sandbar: Posting selfies of you and your crew standing in waist-deep 80+ degree water while your friends and family deal with another snowstorm? Yes, please!
6. Smather’s Beach: So many photo ops can be found here – located along the eastern end of Key West Island, this stretch of sand is lined with tall palms and flowing grasses. For the best light, check it out at sunrise!
7. Southernmost Point Buoy: Obligatory selfie alert! This is a must-do in Key West. For best viewing, try going first thing in the morning, while the rest of the island is still asleep.
8. Fort Zachary Taylor: Fort Zachary Taylor, or “Fort Zach” as the locals call it, is a cool historical site that also has the prettiest beach in Key West. Bonus points if you can find the signpost on the beach!
9. Sunset Pier: Also known for the “Selfiemost Point,” this place is both hard to find and hard to leave. Arguably the best views in all The Keys, after you grab a few selfies, sit back, relax, and enjoy!
10. Dry Tortugas National Park: No surprise here! This place should be on everyone’s bucket list. Taking pictures of the striking contrast of the old brick fortress against the vastness of the shallow sea is breathtaking.
We want to see where you end up! Tag us on social media of all your favorite selfie spots!